Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Quick Fix: Stealing some Spring...

     Like most people, I've had just about enough cold weather for this year, thankyouverymuch, so whilst strolling through the store the other day, a little glimpse of things to come caught my eye: bulbs! Like, plant bulbs, not light bulbs. We all know I don't have the best track record with those. So I picked up a box of what is supposed to turn into this...


     ... but which for now looks like this...


     Sad trombone sound. I gussied it up as much as I could with lace and ribbon, but there's no getting around the fact that right now it's just a jar of dirt. A fancily dressed jar of dirt, but a jar of dirt nonetheless. But let's pretend it's a grand metaphor for my blossoming hopes and dreams and the slow but sure return of warmer weather or something, ok? Ok. Cool. Glad we got that sorted. 

     Anyway, I know it's kind of a stretch to call this a quick fix, but it will be pretty quick in the grand scheme of things, because bulbs can grow pretty fast indoors. I'll let you know when I start seeing progress! Or if it turns out to be a dud, but I'm hoping that's not the case. 



No comments:

Post a Comment