Friday, August 2, 2013

Finished Harry Potter Nursery

     The Harry Potter nursery is now officially (ok, not offically. Mostly?) finished! I think there may still be some art added, and the idea of a rug has been bandied about for ages, but for the most part, this room is finito. And not a minute too soon, as those babies will be here before you know it. Let's do some looky-loo-ing. 






     Those amazing Hogwarts House baby-mascot paintings were done by my awesomely talented photographer/artist friend Stephen (check out his website if you want to go look at more pretty things/if you need a photographer in the Northern Virginia area!). I sent him a concept and basically said "make this happen all cute and stuff," and he definitely delivered; they are just beyond perfect.

     The cute swirly names above each crib were painted up all sparkly and nice by Amanda, and my mom made a curtain to cover the closet with some magical little sparkly stars on it (since it's a small room it made more sense to nix the door. The curtain rod it's hanging on is sturdy enough to do pull-ups on, so there's no worry about the babies yanking the whole thing down on themselves -- Jason does not mess around when it comes to safety). There are cute details all over this room!




     I think the best part of this room is how so many people have contributed their skills and efforts to pull it together. A nursery should be put together with love, and this one is definitely full of it. That sounds cheesy as all get-out, but what can I say. Babies! They make me go all sentimental! 


6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! This is the cutest thing ever, amazing work!

    Although my heart broke a little when the House art work was custom and not from somewhere I could go buy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! I lucked out having an awesome artist for a best friend to do those paintings, but if you're looking to get something similar there are lots of artists on Etsy who will do custom work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I ask where you got your owl? We are also doing a Harry Potter nursery and need one for our bird cage. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Where did you get that owl lamp? I desperately want one!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was from Hobby Lobby? I'll pop a link here to a similar one on Amazon though!

      http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Designs-LT3027-WHT-Porcelain-Animal/dp/B00HR5P60U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429481156&sr=8-3&keywords=owl+lamp

      Delete