Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Favorites: Seemingly Quite Shallow Right Up Until The End Edition!

FAVORITE THING TO LOOK AT: PRETTY STAR-SHAPED LIGHTS





     I've been eyeballin' these at Target for a few weeks now and finally decided to pull the trigger because, seriously, look at them. They're glowy and star-shaped, and you know I love anything star or moon-shaped. Plus they give off a good amount of light for the time frame when I'm not ready to go to bed yet, but need to be calmin' down the ole brain-grapes.


FAVORITE THING TO DO: PLAY THIS GAME AND YELL "DAMN IT YOSHI"




     I've been loving this game since Jen and Jason gave it to me for my birthday. I'm kind of awful at it though. I get greedy for perfection, so I'll go back to get that one last coin, then die and not finish the level. The struggle, she is real. But it's really fun anyway, and Yoshi makes the cutest freaking sounds you will ever hear in your life when he gets wings,  to the point that I actually get a little upset that I can't just go see a Yoshi in a petting zoo or whatever.


FAVORITE THING TO SLATHER ON MYSELF: THIS LOTION SMELLS LIKE FREAKING DELICIOUS




     Um. I feel like I kind of said it all in the title, but let me try and find some other things to say about it. It's a really thick lotion that smells like strawberry-flavored candy and is, in fact, very moisturizing? It definitely doesn't smell like literal fresh strawberries (the minute someone invents that scent I will buy stock in it and bathe in it indefinitely), more like strawberry cake. Which is obviously fine by me because I like to smell like one delicious confection or another at all times.


FAVORITE METAPHOR FOR POSSIBILITY: THESE FABRICS




     These babies arrived in the mail from fabric.com the other day, and since then I've grown quite fond of gazing lovingly at them and imagining all the things I could make. The pink skull fabric, I want to use to make a simple short a-line skirt, because I think that would make a suitable visual representation of my personality: looks normal and cute from a distance, but then when you get up close you go "ahh this is actually kind of weird and macabre and I'm maybe a little scared?" The other two fabrics I honestly just wanted to have in my possession. There was no goal in mind for them, I just wanted the option to make something out of them should inspiration strike at a later date. I'm told this is how craftily-inclined types start fabric stashes. I'm fine with that, I'll build a big ol' fabric hoard and sit on it like a dragon. No shame in my hoarding game. 



No comments:

Post a Comment