Monday, July 28, 2014

I accomplished things.

     Let's do a quick run-through of things I did/tried this weekend so I can convince myself I was productive despite spending large chunks of said weekend on the couch playing Skyrim. I killed a dragon and absorbed its soul, how much more productive can you get? 

I MADE YUMMY BREAD




     I had a hankerin' for some bread the other day (yeah, a hankerin'. It was intense) so I decided I'd whip up some apple cheese bread. When I did a quick search it seemed like most people were using quick bread recipes so I followed suit, mixing up the basic batter and just stirring in my shredded granny smith apples and sharp cheddar cheese before I poured it into the loaf pan. It was tasty, but not really what I was going for. It kind of tasted like dumplings? Luckily I really like dumplings, so it wasn't a bust or anything. It also didn't rise much at all, so it was much denser than I expected. I think I'm gonna try again at some point and tweak a few things; namely I want to try it with a yeast dough. 

I ADDED SOME SEMBLANCE OF PRIVACY




      I know, oooh, that's a nice big window, what a lovely architectural feature! And yeah, it is, EXCEPT. Except it's in my closet. Which kind of makes no sense because isn't the whole point of a walk-in closet to function something like a little dressing area? Well that doesn't really work if you can't easily put shades on the window because it's funny-shaped. I had a shade in there for a while just held across the horizontal line of the top panes, but it was ugly from the outside, and it broke/fell off constantly. To remedy this situation, I popped into Lowe's and picked up a roll of window film. Once I got it home it only took about a half hour to decide how to apply it (settled on ending at the top horizontal line again, partly for aesthetic reasons, partly because that's way easier to apply and cut) and get it completely applied. Between that and the sheers on the window I think there's a reasonable amount of privacy, although I still wouldn't stand in front of it with the lights on at night and hula-hoop naked, so keep that in mind if you're looking for window treatment options for your naked hula-hoop room. 

COLD. BREWED. COFFEE.




     I've been meaning to try my hand at making cold-brew coffee for a while now, but just got around to actually doing it this weekend. It's really easy; all you have to do is mix coffee grounds and water in a jar, let it sit overnight in the fridge, then strain in the morning and drink it over ice, mixed with whatever you usually put in your coffee (vanilla soymilk. Lots of it). It's so delicioussssssssss. Yeah, so delicious I just lapsed into Parseltongue. It has none of the bitterness that regular coffee can have, it's just smooth and mild and creamy and ughhhh I want to drink it constantly. The added bonus is it's a lot cheaper than buying K-cups for the Keurig. 

     I feel like that's enough trying and accomplishing for one weekend, so I'm gonna leave it there. Hope you all tried some new things and got shit done this weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment