Friday, March 21, 2014

To the dump to the dump to the dump dump dump!

     I've been pretty busy this week, so I thought we'd just chill here and discuss some of the random pictures I dumped from my phone. I dunno if that sounds like a good time to anyone but me, but I for one love seeing what people keep pictures of on their phones. Tells you a lot about them as a person. Mine's all animals and babies that aren't even mine, which tells you I'm a loser nurturer. 

  
     I don't know why, but I thought it would be the funniest thing to put my hair on Bess's head, like she was wearing a tiny little curly wig. Sometimes I also think about things like giraffes sitting around a table having tea and laugh out loud at the thought though, so I might be kind of easily amused. Anyway, she didn't much care for the idea. 


     I was pulling flowers out of my glass head to put in my hair (as you do, you know) and when I came back to clean it up I realized I had accidentally made a pretentious freshman year art-school project in my floor. It symbolizes the leeching of humanity's link with nature by big corporations, man. It's totally meaningful. And I took it on my cell phone because it represents our dependence on technology and furthers the visual metaphor of detachment from naaaature! And if you don't get it it's probably just because you're not an artist so you don't understand pain and suffering and torment.


     This one's because I had to go to a work-type thing where I had to look grown-up and like I have my life together and my mom wasn't going to be home and wanted me to send her a picture so she could see if I pulled it off, so this is what I sent her to reassure her that I'm totally capable of being mature. #success


     This is one of the tin ceiling tiles that my dad is going to put up in the kitchen so it looks all fancy and historical and junk. Sitting on two bags of dog food because do I know how to compose a shot or what?


     Speaking of dogs, this one's not mine. He showed up at our house the other day and was just playing with our dogs like it ain't no thing, then when I came out to see what was going on he basically decided we were his family. He tried to follow us in through the garage, was chilling on our front porch for at least an hour, and wouldn't go home, even when I walked him a good ways down the street to see if he recognized the way home. He didn't have an address or phone number on his tags, so my dad called animal control. I took this picture while I was sitting with him on the front porch waiting to hear back from them. He was super content to snuggle right up in my lap and try to give me kisses. Fortunately the animal control people figured out where he lives via his rabies tag number, and it was just a ways down the road, so we took him home. Yay, happy endings!


     This Buzzfeed quiz told me I was Neville Longbottom and I was like "Whatever, I'm clearly going to MARRY Neville Longbottom, so how can I BE Neville Longbottom?" But the description is pretty much accurate, so there's that. I take it to mean we'd just be super compatible. 


      Here's a cute picture of Evie and Ollie wearing xbox headsets like little gamers. But my favorites are always the outtakes. 

     Like this one where they both look like little drunks, especially Ollie with the drool and the random sock he's clutching, like he passed out right in the middle of putting them on. 



     But this is the best one. Little drunkard Ollie dribbling on his chin in his half-sleep, and Evie looking downright MANIACAL. I laugh out loud every time I look at this one. She looks like she wants to eat the camera. I love it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment