Monday, February 24, 2014

Recipe Review: Pizza Pasta!

     For this weekend's Sunday dinner, I thought I'd try out this recipe for Crockpot Pizza Pasta. I didn't change much, I just omitted the ground beef so Amanda could eat it (damned picky eaters) and the mushrooms because ew (hi, I'm a hypocrite).  So basically you mix together some uncooked pasta with two jars of pasta sauce and your seasonings in a bowl, then throw that into the Crockpot and top it with some peppers...


     Then pile some cooked Italian sausage, cheese, and pepperoni on top of that...


     Then heat it all up on low for a few hours. Since everything but the pasta's already cooked, you just need to let it go until the pasta is tender and the cheese is melty, which doesn't take long. I didn't remember to take a picture of it when it was all done and gooey and tasty because I'm a ding-dong and I got way too excited about eating to think about taking a picture first, but here's what it looked like all assembled anyway. 


     I'd give this recipe two thumbs up! It was super easy to get ready, was nice and cheesy, and had easy cleanup since I used a Crockpot liner. I think it would definitely be better with the hamburger, and I'd like to try mixing up the extras (I'm thinking ham and pineapple), but the basic recipe is a winner, I'd say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment