Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrift store finds!

Stephen and I went to three thrift stores today. The first two were a bust, but at the last one, I found a few cool things. But before we get into that, here's what I wore today, just 'cause I felt cute in it and felt it should be posted for the world to see. Good enough reason? I thought so. 


The first thing I picked up was this silky, airy shirt. I have visions of wearing it with jeans and sandals and a statement necklace when it's hot out.

I also have visions of the Golden Girls wearing it. I'm sure one of them has worn this before. Just not sure which one. All of them, maybe? Except Dorothy. I make a rule not to buy things Dorothy would wear.  


Then I got another shirt, which....needs a lot of work. I'll have a separate post on that. But my real pride and joy was this amazing suitcase I found for only $3.99. I've always wanted one of those old-school hard suitcases, and this one is so fabulously retro. I'm in love. 


I just sit around with it like this (and my dirty Richmond feet. My goodness, I oughta be ashamed), dreaming of how one day I'll pack my things in it and run off to join the circus or be a magician's assistant or sell questionably effective tonics and potions and see the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment