Friday, December 13, 2013

Look what I got in the maaail!

     Yeah, I couldn't even think of a pun or something for this post's title, I'm that excited. See, back on Black Friday I had ordered the 252 color eyeshadow palette from Coastal Scents for $12. Twelve dollars! For every color you could imagine! The downside was that since it was Black Friday, they had super high volumes of traffic, and warned that orders could take a while to process. Well, process it did (for about a week before it finally went through), but now it's finally here! Let's have a look. 

     First off, it comes in this nice little black case, which is decently weighty and feels nice to hold, like you have the power of the rainbow in your hands. 


     Then when you open it up, you get these colors...


     And, underneath that, all THESE colors...


     And underneath THAT, all THEEEESE colors! 


     So, essentially, every shade of every color of the rainbow, in both matte and shimmery finishes. I'm in heaven. I didn't even know where to start when I did my makeup this morning. I kind of just sat there staring at all the colors, imagining all the possibilities, for a good five minutes before I could make a decision. I ended up going with three tones of rusty red blended across my lids, just because how often do you see people wearing red eyeshadow? So I carpe'd the shit outta this diem and went for it. Here's how it turned out, in case you're curious. 


     If those pictures look slightly strange, it's because I snapped the pictures on my phone by a window, and I have apparently hit a point of paleness so severe that I actually glow blue in natural lighting. So I had to color correct them a smidge to take the worst of the edge off my unearthly corpse-like glow. Never say I'm not honest with you! 



     A note: this isn't an ad for Coastal Scents or anything, I was just really excited to get this and wanted to show you guys because I think it's fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment