Friday, May 17, 2013

Favorite Things Friday!

     It's that time again! Time for me to show you the things that have made me happier than a pig in mud. Although really, I think pigs are probably pretty happy most of the time. They certainly seem like jolly little porkers. 


  • Revisiting my childhood with Sailor Moon. I was obsessed with Sailor Moon when I was younger (Yep, I've always been this nerdy), and after re-watching some of the episodes this week I can definitively say it stands the test of time. Sure, sometimes the villains store their evil plans on floppy disks, but it's still entertaining as all get-out and full of girl-power awesomeness. And sure, I won't lie, I see a lot of myself in Sailor Moon. For example, I totally psych myself up to start writing...



    And do this when I get writer's block.


  • Teaching Big Bessie to stand up on her back legs for a treat, like a puppy. What can I say? The girl's food motivated. I could probably train her to play chess given enough time and kitty treats.

  • This new comic essay about depression from Hyperbole and a Half. It sounds weird to say something about depression could make me happy, but it did. It's such an accurate description of what that horrible lingering depression feels like, but I still laughed at it. It's a tricky thing to take a dark topic and make it ok to laugh about, and this did it so well. Definitely worth perusing!

  • The Scribblenauts Remix app. This game is so fun, and SO ADDICTIVE. Basically, it's a creative problem-solving game. You're given a task, and you can create anything you can think of to help you do it. So for all those times you've played a videogame and though "Ughh, if I could just grab some wings or a jetpack, I could get right where I need to go!" Well, now you can. You can also just play around creating whatever you want without working toward a goal. Obviously the first thing I did was create a Game of Thrones scene.
    Knights, dragons, direwolves, snow, and heads on spikes. Basically you know everything about Game of Thrones now.
     You didn't think I could make it through a whole week without making a Game of Thrones reference, did you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment