Friday, September 5, 2014

When I dip, you dip, WE dip!

     If you don't immediately have that song stuck in your head then I don't even know what to do with you.Weep for your lack of turn-of-the-century cultural awareness, I guess? Anyway, since football season has started it's the time of the year where I finally have an excuse to try out ridiculously indulgent recipes all the time. Because food and football go together like...well, like food and football. Pretty straightforward, honestly, I don't think we really need a simile there. So here's what we had for the first Packers game last night: DIPS. 


     Apologies for the less than stellar picture, but I was really excited about eating these things. From the left, we have jalapeno popper dip (recipe here), which I've made before and could already confirm as delicious, graham crackers, pretzel sticks, and crackers for dipping, then peanut butter cookie dough dip up top (recipe here) (holy shit it's good. Especially with pretzels), and finally, white pizza dip (recipe here). The cookie dough dip, I actually ruined the first time around. When it says dissolve the brown sugar in the butter, they mean JUST BARELY. I left it on the heat for way too long, I guess, because it turned into a rather sweet-smelling door-stop. But on the second attempt it was totally fine and turned out stupid-tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment