Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Welcome to the premier episode of: JACKI IS AN IMPULSE SHOPPER

     Let me first start with the disclaimer that I'm usually pretty damn good at talking myself out of buying things, on account of being a hyper-anxious weirdo who likes to hoard her money like a dragon. But every now and then I have days where I figure, "Hey, let's go with the gut this time." Treat yo self days, if you will. And you will, because you should and I said so. Yesterday was one such day. I don't know what it was, Supermoon maybe? But I just kept finding things that I realized I needed to own. Like: 




     This was in the $1 section at Target. I guess for Halloween, but if you think this is a seasonal item for me you clearly don't know me at all. It lives on my bedroom door. 

In fairness, I was going to take these pictures using my actual camera instead of my phone, but the battery was dead. So the pictures are the worst, and so am Iiiiiiiiiiiiii (please read that as if I'm falling off a cliff, cartoon-style. It's only right). 


     Confession: I have absolutely no plans for these. I don't have anywhere to put them. I have just been looking at them every time I go through a Target (and ol' girl is in Target a LOT) and saying "ugh, these are so pretty! Look how shiny!" to no one in particular. So when I found them on clearance for $7 I kind of felt like I'd ultimately regret NOT buying them. Like come on. They're shiny and pretty, they'll find a use eventually. Cut to me, age 76, applying gold feather decals to the walls of my nursing home room, croaking "Seven dollars well spent!" 




     FILTHY VIKING. I'm sorry, but you can't just name a good-smelling thing after Vikings and expect me to not buy it. I've actually never smelled this before, I just happened upon the comments section of an article on forest-y fragrances and someone had recommended it, then before I knew it I was buying it. It was only fifteen dollars though, so even if "bracing Norwegian juniper, frigid Icelandic mint, and the hardy wood of a longship" ends up smelling more like Pine-sol and Altoids, at least I won't feel like I invested my life savings in Enron (is that even a reference the kids today will get? I AM LE OLD. By which I mean I was 11 when that happened and was apparently really into current events because I totally remember that shit).

     So I guess the moral of the story here is really to let loose and treat yo self sometimes. Especially if your idea of treating yourself is spending 23 dollars. YOLO and such. 


1 comment:

  1. I took your advice and I bought The Sims 4. Curse you, Jacki!

    ReplyDelete