Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July nail art!

     I love when a holiday rolls around and I get to paint a bunch of weird things on my nails. The whole ordeal ranges from meditative to cathartic for me, depending on whether it goes smoothly or ends up being super frustrating. This time it was a bit of each. Here's what I ended up with for my Independence Day nails! 

  
     I wanted to try a mix of patterns, so I went with a blue nail art stamp of stars over white for the pinky, silver, blue, white, and red (though you can't see it in this picture) fireworks over black with a sparkly top coat for the ring finger, red confetti glitter for the middle finger, and a red, silver and blue gradient on the pointer. I attempted red and white stripes on my thumb, but they were a bit of a hot mess, so I cropped that out for the sake of my own dignity. 

     But overall, I'd call this a success. I know it's a little wacky and over-the-top, but hey, that's my style. And if you're going to do a nutty manicure, it may as well be in celebration of America, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment