Friday, October 7, 2011

Weird crap I have dreamed lately.

UPDATED!
  1. I dreamed I was catching up on the episodes of Doctor Who I have dvr'd at home, and Christopher Eccleston (aka the ninth Doctor) was guest starring, and I was stoked.
    Weird because: I hardly ever have dreams this normal and realistic. Also, unprecedented levels of nerdy.
     
  2. I dreamed I got really drunk and got black eyeliner tattooed under my eyes. It didn't hurt though.
    Weird because: NEEDLES. NEAR MY EYES. Plus I don't even wear eyeliner on the bottom. But mostly NEEDLESEYESAAHHH.

  3. I dreamed I was filling a bathtub and, through an elaborate trap someone had set that made the water come out really fast and end up outside the tub, quickly flooded the entire room and turned it into a very small three foot deep ocean. When I finally found the drain conveniently installed in the floor, it drained just as fast as it had flooded.
    Weird because: My only concern was ruining the floors and towels and things. It didn't bother me that someone had set up an elaborate-yet-easily-foiled supervillain type scheme to drown me in a small bathroom.

  4. I dreamed I was left by myself to watch the Jeep, which was parked in the middle of a dirt road, and a bunch of other cars were honking for me to move it. So I just hopped in and drove it away.
    Weird because: Like I'll ever be able to drive stick-shift.

  5. I dreamed my teeth were falling out.
    Weird because: Honestly this one's not that weird. I constantly- CONSTANTLY- dream about losing my teeth. Supposedly that means you feel powerless, like you lack control over your life, so it's pretty unsurprising that I have this dream at least once a week.
         This most recent incarnation though, was special because rather than my teeth just popping out of my mouth (hey there, disgusting imagery) like usual, I tripped on something in my floor and knocked a bunch out when I hit my face on my doorknob. So...I'll be cleaning my room today to prevent that from becoming a prophetic dream.

  6. I dreamed I looked out the window of my log cabin (?) and saw a bear coming down the hill towards me. I got all excited and was all "BEAR! BEAR! IT'S SO CUTE I'M GONNA DIE! BEAR!" But then when it got to the bottom of the hill it turned into just a really big bear-lookin' dog.
    Weird because: My dream logic made it very clear that it wasn't that I had mistaken a large dog for a bear. It was a bear, and then it turned into a dog. Physics is a sketchy thing in dreams.


    Update: I looked up some of the things in these dreams in an online dream dictionary, just to see what they had to say about it. This is what it said about bears:
      To see a bear in your dream symbolizes independence, the cycle of life, death and renewal, and resurrection. You are undergoing a period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.
          I'm sorry, Dream Dictionary, I don't mean to diss your credibility, but you are absolutely wrong on that last part. I know,  because as much of an English nerd as I may be, I DO NOT  DREAM IN PUNS BECAUSE NO HUMAN DOES THAT. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment