Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Universe thinks it's soooo funny.

I'd love to know why my apartment building made it through all of Hurricurn Irene (proper pronunciation. You're all saying it wrong) without losing power, but this random thunderstorm today was enough to knock it out. But not for long. Oh, no. You see, the power only went out JUST as I had gotten nekkid and was about to hop in my bubblebath. And it only stayed out JUST long enough for me to panic and scramble around in the dark looking for clothes and a flashlight. The second I was dressed and armed to face the darkness monsters- power's back! Hilarious, nature. Hysterical.

Anyway, there was some lovely flooding going on that I thought I'd share with you all. I don't know who those girls are playing in the water, but they seem nice, if now contaminated by all sorts of Richmond grime seeping into their foot-pores. 


So anyway, that's today for ya. I haven't been posting here a lot because my professors each think their class is the only one I take that matters, so they assign a metric butt-ton of reading each class period. So, most of my time is spent applying my efforts to doing anything but that.

There's also my African Sleeping Sickness to contend with. I don't really have that, obviously, having never been to Africa/known anyone from Africa/been able to find Africa on a map (Just kidding, it's the one shaped like a chicken wing...or maybe a steak. I think I forgot to eat dinner). But when I googled my symptoms--excessive fatigue and prolonged headache-- the internet told me that's what I have. I know, I was just as surprised as you, because I was pretty sure it was going to tell me "You're lazy and your contact prescription isn't right." 


No comments:

Post a Comment