Thursday, June 30, 2011

So what's next?

The next project I'll be working on is a dress (shocking, I know. I'm usually such a "pants" kinda gal. Haaa). The pattern was a must-have, because it's strikingly similar to one of my favorite dresses ever. Namely, this one:

Pardon the obviously old picture. But, I mean...there's a bear in it. It's still a good 'un.

I got that dress an age and a half ago, and since then I've worn the life out of it, shortening straps and hemlines and taking it in here and there....I still wear it, but the idea of being able to make something similar when it finally turns to dust appealed to me. This is the pattern, by the by:


And the plan is to make it with this fabric:

The stripes are actually really small. Small enough that they look solid, if that helps you get an idea. I just like SUPA CLOSE UP PHOTOS.

Although whether or not that'll actually happen remains to be seen. See, Project Runway patterns are kind of tricky, in that they don't have a View A, View B, etc. Instead, it lists how much fabric you need for the bodice, the skirt, and each of the variations (like the style of the strap, for example) separately, so you have to be super careful when calculating how much fabric you'll need. And you also need extra fabric to line up stripes properly. Point being, I may end up not having enough fabric. 


But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment